The Pax Exam team is happy to announce the release of OPS4J Pax Exam 2.4.0 with some major new features and a whole lot of maintenance updates and bugfixes.
Here are some highlights since the last stable release 2.3.0
- The new Forked Test Container is a lightweight alternative to the Pax Runner Container, using the OSGi Framework launcher API in a forked Java VM via an RMI wrapper.
- Java configuration options are complemented by configuration properties.
- Users can disable all default options by a configuration property.
- Cleanup issues of Eager Single Reactor strategy are fixed.
- Regression tests on the build server run in a full matrix of 3 frameworks by 3 containers.
- Embedded dependencies in Pax Exam bundles have been replaced by package imports.
The Pax Runner Container and all Runner-only configuration options will be deprecated in the 2.5.0 release. The Pax Runner Container will continue to be maintained in all 2.x releases but go away in 3.0.0.
For more details, see the JIRA release notes below.
As usual, all artifacts are available from Maven Central.
Changes since 2.4.0.RC1
Changes since 2.3.0
Any feedback is welcome, either on the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the issue tracker.