Contexts and Dependency Injection for OSGi Applications
- Pax CDI unites two powerful programming models, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) from Java EE 6 and dynamic modules and services from OSGi.
- OSGi users can profit from annotation-based dependency injection, interceptors and portable extensions brought by CDI without losing the strict modularity and the service-oriented design of OSGi.
- CDI users can profit from the dynamics and the run-time extensibility of OSGi, accessing OSGi framework features through CDI beans and events.
- Pax CDI is not tied to any given CDI or OSGi framework implementation.
- Any OSGi bundle and any CDI portable extension can be used with Pax CDI.
- Pax CDI keeps in touch with the OSGi Alliance CDI Integration proposal and may evolve into an implementation of this forthcoming standard.
- Pax CDI 01.x branch provides CDI 1.0 and 1.1 2 support and compatibility with Pax-Web 46.x branch.
- Latest release is Pax CDI 1.0.120.RC2
- Pax CDI 10.x branch provides CDI 1.0 and 1.2 1 support and compatibility with Pax-Web 64.x branch.
- Latest release is Pax CDI 1. 0.0.RC212