The logging support in the standard Log Service of the OSGi specification is minimalistic and not entirely suitable for enterprise applications. This project tries to address this by extending the standard interface with additional interfaces and using a strong logging backend, the Apache Log4J. Pax Logging defines its own API, but more importantly it supports the Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging APIs as well, making it easy to create bundles that use these common APIs, either directly in new code or indirectly from inside 3rd party libraries.
- Log4J driving the backend implementation.
- Log4J API supported.
- Jakarta Commons Logging API supported.
- Pax Logging Service implements the standard OSGi Log Service API.
- JDK Logging API support.
- Avalon Logger API support.
- SLF4J API support.
- Knopflerfish Log service support.
- Tomcat Juli API support.