The Pax Exam team is happy to announce the milestone release of OPS4J Pax Exam 3.0.0.M4.
The highlights of this milestone release are:
- The Tomcat test container now supports Spring injection into test cases as an alternative to CDI injection.
- Pax Exam server mode is leveraged by a JUnit rule and by a Maven plugin.
- It is now possible to run a single test method from a test class.
- In Java EE mode, users can override the automatic WAR probe construction by explicit configuration.
- The deprecated Pax Runner Test Container and all related deprecated configuration options have been removed.
For more details on all changes, see the JIRA release notes below.
As usual, Pax Exam artifacts are available from Maven Central.
All new features in this milestone release are preliminary and may change before the 3.0.0 release.
Pax Exam 3.0 is now feature complete, and this milestone is to be followed by the first release candidate 3.0.0.RC1, which will focus on code cleanup and documentation.
Please test this milestone release and give us your feedback, either on the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the issue tracker. This will help us pushing the 3.x release in the right direction.
Changes since 3.0.0.M3