The Embedded GlassFish container adapts the
glassfish-embedded-all artifact to the Pax Exam test container API. Embedded GlassFish does not support any of the OSGi features of a stand-alone GlassFish server.
For testing OSGi-enabled applications on GlassFish with Pax Exam, use the Hybrid GlassFish Container. If you do not need OSGi, you can stick with this Embedded GlassFish Container which is a good deal faster.
This is the standard lifecycle of the Embedded GlassFish container:
- If the directory configured in
src/test/resources/glassfish-config) contains a
domain.xmlfile, then this file is used to configure the Embedded GlassFish server.
- The embedded server is started.
- A WAR probe is built and deployed. This probe contains all test classes and their dependencies.
- All tests contained in the probe are executed within the container.
- All Java EE modules (including the WAR probe) are undeployed.
- The embedded server is stopped.
If you require any additional libraries for the server or domain class loader (e.g. JDBC drivers), simply add them to the classpath of your project.