Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
In most cases, OSGi developer should not be worried figuring out which bundles that satisfies a particular import.
The idea is:
- pax-update-maven-dependencies (PUMD) will read the bnd file and figure out all the required import package.
- PUMD reads the relevant OBR settings, and query each of the OBR.
- When PUMD founds all bundles that satisfies particular import, checks, whether the URL is a maven repository.
(e.g, strip off the file extension, and replace with .xml, to query the pom.xml of that bundle).
- All the search results that are in Maven repositories are listed in the console for user to choose.
- PUMD updates the dependencies by updating to either <dependencyManagement> or <dependencies> or both depending on the project structure.
Note; We also need another jira issue for how to deploy the OBR repository xml.